With how low the chance items are to drop and with the new included "most damage gets the loot" drop chance it seems pretty unfair to anyone who isn't the most powerful character. An idea could be to give everyone who hit the boss the ability to get a drop ( everyone has a roll on the loot rather than only 1 person getting a chance at loot) And based on how much damage is dealt their chance for an item to drops increases.
Player A and Player B arrive to a boss, they both contribute to fighting and killing the boss.
*Lets say the default drop rate for a boss to drop an item is 10% and this 10% is given to all players who attack the boss atleast once.
Player A is very weak compared to Player B so he only does about 20% of the bosses health, while Player B does the remaining 80%. Because Player A did 20% of the bosses health in damage he gets an extra 5% chance for an item to drop for a total of 15%. Player B however, does 80% of the bosses health so he gets an additional 10% for a total of 20% chance for an item to drop.
*Percentages used are not accurate and are just examples
I think this would address all the current unfairness around boss drops and powerful players ( Inlcuding myself ) going around killing lowlevel bosses / all bosses because of their drops and PROMOTE group play more as everyone has an equal chance to get a drop as well as GIVE BENEFITS to those who have spent the time in the game to become strong and clear content easier.