Smoke skills losing effect/damage

Pererek Ninja

I just got smoke fruit and realized some skills are failing to combo. Every smoke skills have cast time and long animations and what is happening is that if u use other skill during smokes skilll animation its lose effect.

For example:

Skill1 : Smoke Grab the skill throw a projectile to the opponent and, if it hits, u teleport to the target and silence him for 2 sec. But if u cast the skill, throw the skills projectile and pre cast other skill, even if the skill hits, u teleport to the target but dont damage or silence him.

Skill 2: kamikaze Ghosts: skill have a long cast and throw some slow slow projectiles that damage in contact with enemys. But if u cast the skill, and use another one as the ghosts fly, they wont explode in contact.

Skill 3:Cloud Blade: since this skill have a long snare after the cast and fast animation, it doesnt suffer from the bug.

Skill 4: Smokestrom : skill have a long cast time and if lands, it hits 3 times damaging and snaring the target with i believe 1 sec between tics. Thats the easiest one to see this effect. If u cast the skill and hit the target, since it have a long animation and great CC u could connect other skills, but when u try to use other skill or even cast another one while smokesmtorm's effect is happening, the animation continues but it has no effect nor damage.

Not sure if its intentional tho, im new to the game and dont see many fights to know if its strong at the point to be broken or not.

Any review is welcome.

On 11/22/2023 at 5:24 PM, Pererek Ninja said:

I just got smoke fruit and realized some skills are failing to combo. Every smoke skills have cast time and long animations and what is happening is that if u use other skill during smokes skilll animation its lose effect.

For example:

Skill1 : Smoke Grab the skill throw a projectile to the opponent and, if it hits, u teleport to the target and silence him for 2 sec. But if u cast the skill, throw the skills projectile and pre cast other skill, even if the skill hits, u teleport to the target but dont damage or silence him.

Skill 2: kamikaze Ghosts: skill have a long cast and throw some slow slow projectiles that damage in contact with enemys. But if u cast the skill, and use another one as the ghosts fly, they wont explode in contact.

Skill 3:Cloud Blade: since this skill have a long snare after the cast and fast animation, it doesnt suffer from the bug.

Skill 4: Smokestrom : skill have a long cast time and if lands, it hits 3 times damaging and snaring the target with i believe 1 sec between tics. Thats the easiest one to see this effect. If u cast the skill and hit the target, since it have a long animation and great CC u could connect other skills, but when u try to use other skill or even cast another one while smokesmtorm's effect is happening, the animation continues but it has no effect nor damage.

Not sure if its intentional tho, im new to the game and dont see many fights to know if its strong at the point to be broken or not.

Any review is welcome.

Thanks for your input on smoke fruit. We did a lot of changes in order to make it better. Right now I believe it's a good fruit for PVE and it also stands its ground in PVP. What is your specialization? Maybe you don't have the right specialization to do great combos with the smoke fruit?

13 hours ago, Shenmue said:

Thanks for your input on smoke fruit. We did a lot of changes in order to make it better. Right now I believe it's a good fruit for PVE and it also stands its ground in PVP. What is your specialization? Maybe you don't have the right specialization to do great combos with the smoke fruit?

Im using fighter. The combos are good tho but you have to use fighter skills first and then smoke skills, otherwise the smokeskills lost their effect.

My doubt is if the skills are suposed to work this way, because is strange to see the animation continuing and looking like to hit but doesnt have effect/damage. I also dont know if the other fruits or other long animation skills works in the same way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2023 at 1:38 PM, Pererek Ninja said:

Im using fighter. The combos are good tho but you have to use fighter skills first and then smoke skills, otherwise the smokeskills lost their effect.

My doubt is if the skills are suposed to work this way, because is strange to see the animation continuing and looking like to hit but doesnt have effect/damage. I also dont know if the other fruits or other long animation skills works in the same way.

Ok I see your point. Will look into the smoke skill animation. It may be lasting too long.